What is the Spartan rookie pass?
The Rookie Pass allows anyone who is a first time Spartan Racer to run a Sprint, tackle the obstacles, party in the festival area and experience a Spartan event without the pressure of the 30 burpee penalty.
The rookie pass is only available to new Sprint racers, and so can only be used once by each person. For your second, and subsequent Spartan races, you’ll have to get your burpee on.
Who loves burpees?
Nobody, but they are a big part of the Spartan experience, holding racers accountable when they do not complete an obstacle. You develop a love/hate relationship with burpees. They become part of your daily training regime and help develop physical and mental strength. We hope that experiencing Spartan Race without the pressure of a burpee penalty will encourage you to give it a go, find strength you didn’t know you had and come back to complete another race, burpees included and become a full Spartan racer.
SPARTAN ROOKIE PASS - UPDATED Q&A.
- Who can use it?
- Anyone racing in the Sprint who has not run a Spartan race before.
- What does it do?
- It allows a newbie to run a Spartan Sprint course as a rookie and not be held to the 30 burpee penalty.
- Do you still get a Sprint medal?
- No, to earn a sprint medal you must run the race and do the burpee penalty. You'll receive a Spartan Rookie medal, have a great time and be inspired to train for a full Sprint race next time around.
- How much does it cost?
- Regio price is exactly the same as it would be for a regular entry.
- Will I get a time?
- Yes, Rookies will be able to look up their time but it will be in a separate 'Rookie' category, and not listed in the racer rankings.
- How will marshals know I am a Rookie?
- Rookies will have a different colour wristband to differentiate them from racers.
- How do I sign up as a Rookie?
- Easy, just register for your chosen race as usual, either as an individual or as a team. One of the questions you will see on the regio page asks if you would like to sign up as a Rookie. Simply tick 'YES' if you want the Rookie Pass so that you can skip the burpees. You can go back in and edit this up to a week before the event.